What is the Have A Heart, Wear Red Challenge?
Community Hospital-Fairfax introduced this challenge in 2012 to encourage the community to spread awareness about heart health by pledging to wear red one day in February. In exchange for wearing red, CH-F sends the business or organization a packet of information about its Cardiopulmonary services and facts about heart disease and staying healthy. Every business and organization who participates will be mentioned in the hospital's campaign ads in the local newspapers and Facebook page.
Why should you participate?
Heart disease is a serious issue in Northwest Missouri. 20% of the Community Hospital-Fairfax service area reports high blood pressure and/or cholesterol, 6% have reported a prior heart attack and diabetes prevalence is on the rise afflicting over 8% of the population. Atchison and Holt Counties rank in the top percentile for stroke mortality rates. CH-F hopes this campaign will help us inform our community about the numerous Cardiac services available at the hospital. Spreading awareness about heart disease has its perks. The American Heart Association reports that because of their Wear Red Campaign for women, 23% more women are aware that heart disease is their number one health threat over a 10 year perioud.
How can you get involved?
CH-F challenges your organization to commit to wearing red for a day in the month of February. Participating in this challenge will be good for your organization as well as your heart. By joining the Have a Heart and Wear Red! Campaign you will:
- Receive mention on the CH-F Facebook page when you confirm your participation, the day that you commit to wearing red and after your wear red day if you send a picture. CH-F averages 100,000 views a week and has approximately 650 friends.
- CH-F will be running a series of heart healthy ads weekly during February in local papers. Your business will appear in the ad during the week of your wear red day.
- Your organization will be featured on the CH-F website www.FairfaxMed.com
- All organizations will be entered into a drawing. One business will be drawn at the end of February and heart healthy red t-shirts will be made and given to each employee.
- Most importantly, you will be spreading awareness about heart disease-the number one killer of Americans.
How can enroll your organization in this challenge?
Contact Jennifer Herron at Community Hospital-Fairfax at (660) 686-2330, via email at email@example.com or on the CH-F Facebook page. Select a day and use the kit provided to launch your day! Remember to take pictures and share heart healthy information with your staff. Be creative and have fun!
We are excited to hear from you. Please help us raise awareness of this serious disease!