It is the goal of Community Hospital-Fairfax to encourage family and friends to visit patients while at Community Hospital-Fairfax, and to ensure that all visitors have equal visitation privileges consistent with the patient’s wishes (or their appointed representative or support person) and the facility visitation guidelines.
PURPOSE: To allow for patient visitor preferences while maintaining patient and visitor safety and promotion of quality care.
RESPONSIBILITY: Patient, visitor, and Community Hospital-Fairfax Staff.
PROCEDURE: Visitation policy guideline: located in patient rooms, on Community Hospital website www.fairfaxmed.com, and available in waiting area. Visitors may request a copy. Visiting hours to patient rooms are from 9:00 am to 8:30 pm. Patients receiving care and comfort, or if determined necessary by nursing, may have unlimited access to family members and support persons.
Examples of visitation restrictions include:
- Patient undergoing care interventions
- Infection control issues
- Visitation may interfere with the care of other patients
- Existing court orders restricting contact
- Disruptive, threatening, violent behaviors
- Patient need for rest or privacy
- Limitation number of visitors during specific time period
- Visitors who exhibit signs or symptoms of cold or flu may not visit hospitalized patients
- Any visitor under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult (not the patient) who is responsible for the child’s supervision. Children may not be left unattended at any time in patient rooms or other areas such as waiting areas, cafeteria, etc.
- Overnight stays by patients’ family members, support person, or significant others may be arranged on a case by case basis.
- Pediatrics: A adult needs to be with a patient under the age of 12