Click here to download a printable brochure about our Cardiac Rehab Services!
Why is Cardiac Rehab important?
One of the best things you can do for yourself is to get into a cardiac rehabilitation program where everything you need to get and stay healthy is in one convenient location. Research shows cardiac rehab saves lives. In a recent study, cardiac death was lower, there were fewer second heart attacks and fewer necessary cardiac surgeries in patients who were exercise-trained compared with those who received "usual care."
Rehabilitation programs can help you change your lifestyle habits to prevent future heart attacks.
Ask your doctor about joining CH-F Cardiac Rehab today!
Cardiac rehabilitation (cardiac rehab) is a program supervised by a cardiac rehab registered nurse. It is designed to help people recover from heart attacks, heart surgery and procedures such as stenting and angioplasty.
The CH-F Cardiac Rehab program includes exercise, diet counseling and medication management tips. All of the activities are intended to help you recover and return to your daily activities as soon as possible.
Cardiac Rehab is a program for any age of individual who has had experience with:
- Stable angina (chest pain or discomfort with activity or stress)
- MI/Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Valve Repair
Cardiac Rehab Offers:
- Better health
- Reduced risk of future health problems
- Improved strength to resume normal activities
- Knowledge of safe exercise methods
- Education about heart healthy food choices
- Increased confidence
- Support and motivation from caring staff and other patients
Cardiac Rehab is a program of exercise therapy and lifestyle modification aimed at strengthening your heart and improving cardiovascular health.
- Individual assessments are done to find the proper equipment and exercise for each patient, so every one’s experience is unique and tailored to their specific needs and comfort levels.
- Vitals signs and telemetry (cardiac monitoring) are assessed prior to exercise, during exercise and post exercise to monitor the patient.
- Cardiac Rehab provides an avenue of communication between the patient and his/her doctors.
Education classes are offered with these discussion topics:
- Diet & Nutritional Information
- Benefits of Exercise
- Blood Pressure
- Increased communication between doctors and patients
- Weight Management
- Smoking Cessation